Windows 10 Message+ stopped working a few days ago
RI2

Message+ on both of my Windows 10 computers stopped working a few days ago. Used to launch at startup and update the messages flawlessly. Then several days ago, the app launched and displayed my device/computers name and asked for my Verizon wireless number. I entered and clicked "Send Me A Text" which it did. My cell got the texted code which I entered on my computer and it replied "Invalid Pin. Please enter valid pin".

I've tried several more times and the problem still exists.

Please Help!!!  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Windows 10 Message+ stopped working a few days ago
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RI2

I personally keep in touch with everyone through messaging myself, so I understand the importance of getting this problem fixed right away. I can take a closer look at the area and resolve this messaging issue for you. What happens if you uninstall and then install the application again, see here https://vz.to/3rTzJYV

-Edward

0 Likes
RI2

Edward,

The new problem is I can't find the program on the Microsoft store. Then clicking launch opens the web app, but then each time it is launched I now have to authorize the computer access each time on my cell.  This is pretty annoying.

What happened to the downloadable program I used to use without any problems?  Can I still get that?  If so how?

Thanks,

Roger

0 Likes
jarhead57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. your link just gives the "web client" not what any of us are after.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will get to the bottom of this together ASAP. More information is being sent here shortly. -Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you are using Windows 10, you would not want to uninstall the desktop app for troubleshooting as new download is available at this time.  The best course of action would now to be contact this application developer directly.  This can be done by:
-Open the Message+ app.
-Click Menu > Get Help > Report a bug.

If you are not able to do it from your computer then you can do it from your phone by:
Visiting one of the following Apps and selecting the option to email the developer- App page on the Play Store for Android devices or App Store for iOS devices.

Here is more information:
https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/
https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/

-Sean

0 Likes
RI2

When I launch the Desktop Message+ (1.0.17.0) on my Windows 10 machines I'm prompted to 'Send Me A Text' which I do.  I receive the code on my cell and enter it on my computer and click log in. I get an 'Invalid Pin. Please enter valid pin', message on my desktop.

Suggestions?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@RI2 wrote:

When I launch the Desktop Message+ (1.0.17.0) on my Windows 10 machines I'm prompted to 'Send Me A Text' which I do.  I receive the code on my cell and enter it on my computer and click log in. I get an 'Invalid Pin. Please enter valid pin', message on my desktop.

Suggestions?

The old Win10 M+ desktop app versions 1.0.17.0 and 2.0.2.0 have apparently been disabled/shut down/blocked from working.  A new v3.0.1 is available (since ~8/21) in the Microsoft Store (very buggy, not working well) that supposedly replaces the old apps.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
RI2

jav6,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I did have 3.0.1 desktop version installed before, but unfortunately I didn't download a copy. Nor do I see it when I go to the Microsoft store.  All I see is the web version.  Do you happen to know where I can download the desktop version?

Thanks...

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@RI2 wrote:

jav6,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I did have 3.0.1 desktop version installed before, but unfortunately I didn't download a copy. Nor do I see it when I go to the Microsoft store.  All I see is the web version.  Do you happen to know where I can download the desktop version?

Thanks...

I just opened the Microsoft Store and searched 'Verizon Messages' and there it is.  There is no 'web version' in the Microsoft Store.

M+ in MS.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes