Re: Windows 10 Message+ stopped working a few days ago
RI2

jav6,

Thanks again for all your help! I don't know why I didn't see it before, but I did today.  So I do have 3.0.1 installed now. 

Any idea how to get it to auto-run at Windows boot?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@RI2 wrote:

jav6,

Thanks again for all your help! I don't know why I didn't see it before, but I did today.  So I do have 3.0.1 installed now. 

Any idea how to get it to auto-run at Windows boot?

I have it pinned to my taskbar and when I reboot, it is there, ready to run.  I don't see how to add the Message+ app to the Startup Group.

M+ on Taskbar.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely seems very particular and we can certainly try to see what may be going on. Some issues that may occur, is an auto-filler, or clicking continue vs pressing enter to continue, or using the tab key. Generally what may happen is if you even type in a password into a system the auto filler may attempt to use an old password even if it was originally a one time use. If there aren't any auto filled indications, such as you go into the enter box and go away from it without it suggesting a password, then we would also recommend to try to see if you receive the same error on a different PC, or Laptop if possible to see if the issue can be duplicated. We do recommend to make sure there is not a VPN active during this process. Let me know if this information helps in solving the issue. *Gert

0 Likes
CharlesSOsborne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get the same "invalid PIN" response. There is no autofill going on. The PIN I enter is the one sent to my phone. every time I try to use the PC version for the past few weeks it refuses to come up until that phone-PC connection is validated. The application on the PC has been restarted multiple times and the PC at various times has been rebooted. The PIN is visible on screen each time so I can easily compare. And of course it is different PINs in these different tries. This is not new. Its the same issue talked about in the closed message string from 2015. Its very likely a programmer problem not handing off the correct PIN to the Validation Process. Or to quote one of the earlier complainers about this "it's a High School programming mistake". And the fact it keeps coming up seems to indicate an unwillingness to look inward for the solution, not keep suggesting the users are making some mistake.  

jarhead57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone at Verizon even care? this is not good PR guys.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're always happy to assist our customers. Can you tell us if you experienced any issues while attempting to auto-run?-Robert C.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@CharlesSOsborne wrote:

I get the same "invalid PIN" response. There is no autofill going on. The PIN I enter is the one sent to my phone. every time I try to use the PC version for the past few weeks it refuses to come up until that phone-PC connection is validated. The application on the PC has been restarted multiple times and the PC at various times has been rebooted. The PIN is visible on screen each time so I can easily compare. And of course it is different PINs in these different tries. This is not new. Its the same issue talked about in the closed message string from 2015. Its very likely a programmer problem not handing off the correct PIN to the Validation Process. Or to quote one of the earlier complainers about this "it's a High School programming mistake". And the fact it keeps coming up seems to indicate an unwillingness to look inward for the solution, not keep suggesting the users are making some mistake.  

I don't see you identifying which desktop version of M+ you're trying to install. If you've read previous posts in this thread, you'll see:

The old Win10 M+ desktop app versions 1.0.17.0 and 2.0.2.0 have apparently been disabled/shut down/blocked from working.  A new v3.0.1 is available (since ~8/21) in the Microsoft Store (very buggy, not working well) that supposedly replaces the old apps.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We're always happy to assist our customers. Can you tell us if you experienced any issues while attempting to auto-run?-Robert C.

The question is 'how to auto-run the Win10 M+ desktop app'.  Can you help answer that question?  We've looked and don't see how to do it.

0 Likes
BobE711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hit icon to start message +  Next screen has box to "Start Messaging "  next screen wants a phone number to verify that the text number is valid. Entering a mobile number and hitting enter. I receive a activation code. Hitting enter,  amessage is required stating "There was a error while contacting the server try again after a while. "  This is where the process starts over again. To my mind you guys have a server problem not a client problem. 

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@BobE711 wrote:

I hit icon to start message +  Next screen has box to "Start Messaging "  next screen wants a phone number to verify that the text number is valid. Entering a mobile number and hitting enter. I receive a activation code. Hitting enter,  amessage is required stating "There was a error while contacting the server try again after a while. "  This is where the process starts over again. To my mind you guys have a server problem not a client problem. 

Please identify what version of Message+ you are trying to run. If you don't know, right click on the icon, select 'Properties', select 'Shortcut' and show us what the Target is.

0 Likes