Windows Desktop Application for text messages?
Mike005
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, For Verizon Messages / text messaging - Is there a Windows Desktop application available to download? I would like to use an actual app instead of the browser on my desktop. I already have apps for my mobile devices; I'm specifically looking for a Windows 7 desktop application; other than using a browser.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Windows Desktop Application for text messages?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
JakeJakoubek
Enthusiast - Level 1

No longer works. Where has Verizon hidden the app?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JakeJakoubek we understand how important it is for you to be able to send and receive text messages on your PC and we want to help you. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows desktop application is not compatible with windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. 

You can send text messages through your My Verizon account. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/
Does this information help? 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
RMHusker

When do you plan to have this fixed for Windows users?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on text to communicate, so I know how convenient it can be to manage texts on a computer, RMHusker. Any issues should have been cleared. What happens when you try to install the service as shown on the following web page https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
MCC512

Your website advertises that this is compatible with Windows 10. Is it or no?

0 Likes
rjsonly
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am running messenger+ ( WinVMAClient, Ver 1.0.17.0 ), on Win 10 , laptop. No issues.  I believe this is an older version, 2014.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help clarify this for you. At this time it is not compatible with Windows 10. Our IT team is aware of this and they are working towards a fix.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes