Windows Message+ App
wolf1daddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had Verizon Messages app on my Windows 10 PC for at least a couple of years.  Today I got this text message:

VZW Free Msg: NOTICE - Action required By October 1, 2021. Verizon has detected that you have an older Windows Message+ app on one or more devices that will need to be upgraded. You may no longer have access through your Windows Message+ application after October 1, 2021 and will be required to upgrade to continue using the app. Please click to access the latest version of Message+: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I clicked the link and followed through with the download onto my laptop.  When finished, I clicked the "launch" button and got this message:

Message+
You have an outdated version of Message+ on your Windows Device. If you proceed, your old version will be uninstalled and your messages will be transferred and stored locally on the new Windows+ app.

There are two buttons:

SKIP - which ends the install

PROCEED - this brings up a window with a button that says "Start messaging." When I click that, the next window asks for my Device Name and Verizon Wireless number and says "To make sure we have the right number, we'll send a text message to your phone. After entering those and hitting the "submit" button, it sends the code. After entering the code and hitting the "verify" button, a get a screen saying:

ERROR!
You have an incompatible version of Message+ on your primary device. Please upgrade your primary device with the latest version of Message+, then try again.

It gives me the option of sending an upgrade link to my phone which I did.

When I open the link, it shows uninstall or open, there is no update option. I assume that means I have the latest version (phone shows version 7.3.8).

So what's going on with this?  How do I get the new Message+ app to work on my windows 10 laptop?

0 Likes
Re: Windows Message+ App
JimStratton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm seeing exactly the same thing.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@wolf1daddy wrote:

I have had Verizon Messages app on my Windows 10 PC for at least a couple of years.  Today I got this text message:

Message+
You have an outdated version of Message+ on your Windows Device. If you proceed, your old version will be uninstalled and your messages will be transferred and stored locally on the new Windows+ app.

. . .

Error

You have an incompatible version of Message+ on your primary device.

. . .

So what's going on with this?  How do I get the new Message+ app to work on my windows 10 laptop?

I got that same error message when my primary device was at the latest M+ version.  I uninstalled (actually it only backed off updates and left a factory version)  of M+ without losing anything.  Then the Win10 M+ app fully installed.  Then I updated my phones' M+ app to the latest/same version as before. Everything works, but the new Win10 M+ app has a gap in showing messages from 8/12-9/3 or so, does not have a SYNC option but is receiving new messages fine.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Cellphone70
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue.  I have used the Message+ app for years on Windows and iOS.  I deleted the app on all my devices, removed registered devices from the Verizon Messages web portal.  I installed the current version of Verizon Messages from the Microsoft Store.  I am still experiencing the "ERROR!  Please download the latest version of Message+ from the app store in your primary device and try again." 

Verizon support, please help!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure your concern is addressed and resolved. Did the original download occur prior to 09/05/2019?

For additional details you can also visit: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/-Yani

0 Likes
Cellphone70
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue is not resolved.  I downloaded on 09/08/2021.  I also uninstalled and downloaded again today.  I still receive 

"ERROR!  Please download the latest version of Message+ from the app store in your primary device and try again."

The Knowledge Base article you posed is not helpful and appears to be an older version of the app.

Cellphone70
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sent some time today chatting with support about the issue.  They stated they would escalate to developers.  They also recommended e-mailing verizonmessages @ verizonwireless.com with the error you are receiving.

0 Likes
Cellphone70
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

On Wednesday September 9, 2021, I received this text message from Verizon Messages:

VZW Free Msg: NOTICE - Action required By October 1, 2021. Verizon has detected that you have an older Windows Message+ app on one or more devices that will need to be upgraded. You may no longer have access through your Windows Message+ application after October 1, 2021 and will be required to upgrade to continue using the app. Please click to access the latest version of Message+: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

This is the app version we are having issue with with Release date of 8/20/2021:

Cellphone70_0-1631315058730.pngCellphone70_1-1631315069990.png

Cellphone70_2-1631315080118.png

Cellphone70_3-1631315106549.png

0 Likes
JimStratton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I originally installed the app on my Windows system in 2018.  I first installed the app on my phone in early 2021 (when I bought the phone.)

The link for "For additional details you can also visit" points to a nonexistent page.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cellphone70, I am here for you to help work on this with you. Please send us a Private Note for better assistance. *Jose

0 Likes