Re: Windows Message+ App
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

AND...

If its not supported any longer for Windows 10, why is it on the Microsoft App Store, and why does it specifically state it works for Windows 10?  Knew I should have gone with T-Mobile when I upgraded last week...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We totally understand, JR5353. We are very sorry, but if it is not working on your PC, then there is nothing that can be done. Are you wanting to use that service on your phone or tablet?

-Steven

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We totally understand, JR5353. We are very sorry, but if it is not working on your PC, then there is nothing that can be done. Are you wanting to use that service on your phone or tablet?

-Steven

Isn't there a Verizon Messaging Team (VZM) that supports the Message+ service and apps?  What do they say, Steven?  You may be 'very sorry',  but there IS something you can do.  Refer this to/open a ticket with the VZM Team and get them involved!!!

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Andy_Schmidt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it working on ANY PC?

I can download to any number of Windows 10 PCs, all with current updates:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

It will install and launch fine on any Windows 10 PC, it will prompt me for a PIN code, I will receive the 6 digit pin on my iPhone, and enter it correctly.

And on every PC and with every attempt, it will reject the valid PIN code with a message that I need to install the latest version on my "primary device". However, I do HAVE the latest version of the Message+ app re-installed onto my iPhone.

Is there anyone at VZW who actually ever has ATTEMPTED this with Windows 10?

pedicle
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support    That is a pretty useless answer.   Is Customer Support offshore somewhere?  These answers seem to be coming from a FAQ book .

It is clear VZ has a Win10 version posted on MS download store..yet some "Customer Support" answers still say there is no Win10 version?

Another says "sorry nothing can be done".???

Why dont you forward this widespread issue on to whoever codes this buggy app and tell them to fix it!?  

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Andy_Schmidt wrote:

Is it working on ANY PC?

I can download to any number of Windows 10 PCs, all with current updates:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

It will install and launch fine on any Windows 10 PC, it will prompt me for a PIN code, I will receive the 6 digit pin on my iPhone, and enter it correctly.

And on every PC and with every attempt, it will reject the valid PIN code with a message that I need to install the latest version on my "primary device". However, I do HAVE the latest version of the Message+ app re-installed onto my iPhone.

Is there anyone at VZW who actually ever has ATTEMPTED this with Windows 10?

Yes, I have the Win10 M+ v3.0.0 app installed on my PC.  As stated in other posts, I received the same 'out-of-date app on primary device' error message.  I uninstalled/backed-off updates on my Android phone and while it was in that state, installed successfully the app on my PC.  I then updated the M+ app on my primary device (Android phone) to the current/same original version without losing anything.  The desktop app has issues documented in other posts and in the reviews on the Microsoft Store.  I've see lots of posts where iPhone primary devices are not successful in the resolution I found.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

It is broken, but not broken enough that I quit. It is purgatory.

I have two computers, work and home.

The work computer does not have any names showing up, just numbers save for ONE name. Why on earth is there one name showing up. It is no different that the others.

At home, the names show up. Therefore I do not think it is my phone or the My Verizon settings. 

I have a Samsung and thought about using the other apps, but the Verizon Message+ App handles photos better. I need the photo feature for work. I can look at the media quite quickly on the Desktop App.

pedicle
Enthusiast - Level 2

@letti001    I believe VZ  Customer Support has terminated further discussion on this issue.  They have already said nothing can be done, Messenger+ will no longer work on PC's...so move along nothing to see here...

0 Likes
Cellphone70
Enthusiast - Level 3

There seems to be a disconnect between VZ Customer Support and the VZM Team (support for Verizon Message Apps).  I have been actively communicating with the VZM Team via e-mail about the issue with the current Windows 10 App.  They state "We are aware of this issue and working on it. We will update you ASAP."

It's not that nothing more can be done.  It seems that there is not good interaction between VZ Customer Support and VZM Team.

pedicle
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are very likely one and the same

0 Likes