Windows Message App Install Fix (Worked for me)
VZUser1138
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found this thread searching for different undocumented feature with the PC version of Message+.

This is what worked for me to get it installed and configured....

Launch Message+ on your PHONE.

Select the three lines in top left corner.

Then Settings > Account > Manage Devices

Disconnect the computer you are attempting to install the PC version on.

Retry the install on your PC. 

Hopefully this works for you.

Re: Windows Message App Install Fix (Worked for me)
JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, didn't work.  I've disconnected from all devices, removed the app completely from all devices, reinstalled one at a time, and still the Windows 10 PC will not work.  I give up, and will be looking for other solutions.  Probably going to switch to T-Mobile soon anyway, don't get 5G coverage in my house hardly at all (one bar if I'm close to a window, and it's not a metal house).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying that. I found some additional information, to use the web app instead of the desktop app. If the desktop version of the app is not compatible with your version of Windows, you may consider the web app. To use the web app, go here: http://spr.ly/6607JpP8x and select "Go to the web app". -Jordan

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thank you for trying that. I found some additional information, to use the web app instead of the desktop app. If the desktop version of the app is not compatible with your version of Windows, you may consider the web app. To use the web app, go here: http://spr.ly/6607JpP8x and select "Go to the web app". -Jordan

Sorry, but have you clicked on this link?

It leads to a "Download the Desktop App" link.

This is known as a circular solution. An endless loop of going nowhere.

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

Just curious but are there any third party apps that work? Samsung Message? Android Message?

Is anybody moving on from Verizon Message+ for desktop 3.0 failing to work (even though v1.0 and 2.0 worked well)?

Or are we not permitted to ask this question on the Verizon Community site?

I am not sure about everyone else, but I find the desktop app very helpful as I am able to work and respond to texts by typing with a keyboard and also review photos sent to me. It is hard to do all these things on a phone. I am not a young person. I watch my daughter fire away on the phone. I cannot do that. It is business tool for me.

Cheers to all! 

JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I've tried the web link, and it works on Windows 10, but having to leave this web page open all the time just to get messages is a pain.  And not sure if it even stays open for ever.

JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

And the VZ web site still says Windows 10 should work.  Does VZ Support not work for VZ?

JR5353_0-1635608653332.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I sincerely apologize for the hassle as we wan to see you have the best experience through every platform to help you stay with us.  I apologize the online resources have not been updated or clarified. Windows 10 is supported if downloaded prior to 9/5/2019 and has not been reinstalled or updated since that time. I am sorry as the latest downloadable app is not compatible with Windows 10. We will use your feedback to improve the resources and the products we offer!   -Yale

0 Likes
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

I sincerely apologize for the hassle as we wan to see you have the best experience through every platform to help you stay with us.  I apologize the online resources have not been updated or clarified. Windows 10 is supported if downloaded prior to 9/5/2019 and has not been reinstalled or updated since that time. I am sorry as the latest downloadable app is not compatible with Windows 10. We will use your feedback to improve the resources and the products we offer!   -Yale

Should we install Windows 8.1?

I had The previous version up and running but received a notification that it would be a forced stop of usage and that I needed to use the new version.

Is it not possible for v2 or v1 to be installed and that we can go back to a working version?

This version 3 seems like a beta release that is not doing well.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You should absolutely have the option to download windows 8.*Estevan

0 Likes