Re: Windows Message App Install Fix (Worked for me)
letti001
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

You should absolutely have the option to download windows 8.*Estevan

Are you verifying that we should install Windows 8.1 in order to have Message+ for Desktop work?

Re: Windows Message+ App
JimStratton
Enthusiast - Level 2

So tofay I got another text message:

VZW Free Msg: SECOND NOTICE - Action required ! Verizon has detected that you are still using an older version of Windows Message+ app on one or more devices that will need to be upgraded. You may no longer have access through your Windows Message+ and will be required to upgrade to continue using the app. Please click to access the latest version of Message+: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

So I clicked the link, which went to the Microsoft Store and the page for Message+ for Windows.  I clicked the option to install it.  It warned that it would replace the current version and I let it.  Much to my surprise, it installed a newer (well, I assume newer) version that looks different but seems to be behaving about as well as the prior version did...

JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried that link, and it kind of works.  Was able to send messages using my PC, and receive new messages, but it does not sync past messages that I can tell.  Time will tell if it ever does.  Thanks.  PS-Maybe someone at VZ is listening to us????

JR5353
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh, and I noticed the release date was in August of 2021, prior to the start of this thread.  Go figure...

debsutter

I am also having the same problem.  How do I get this fixed?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@debsutter wrote:

I am also having the same problem.  How do I get this fixed?

Pretty much only way is to provide feedback to the 'developers' via the app.  You might also describe which 'problem(s)' you're seeing, in case you have others not already reported.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
pedicle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well version 1.0.1 still works fine...on all my Windows 7.  I guess the trick was never to update

0 Likes
Loocie7

But all the other software I use on my work computer required an upgrade to Windows 10, so I cannot simply go back to Windows 8, or 7 .....

I can't say that I'm lucky that I was able to install the "newer" version because it's a terrible replacement for the previous version.  But at least I got it installed on Windows 10 desktop.  But it doesn't sync - I can hear the message come in on my phone, but the same message never arrives on the desktop.  If I send a message from the desktop, it syncs onto my phone almost immediately.  

The bare minimum of functions are all that you can do on this junk version.  I somehow have two entries for the same person, but with a different phone number (no idea why - it's not on my phone that way, and I've never received a message from this person and the odd number).  I tried to delete the erroneous contact.  Can't do it on the desktop.  

I came on the forum to see if there was any new info about this junk software - a fix, an update coming soon.  It is so frustrating to read the responses from VZW staff - half the time their responses make it clear that they didn't read thru a post and the other half the help offered is either obsolete, offers broken links to a phantom download, or doesn't address the issue.  (I'm having an issue trying to get a straight answer from Logi***h, so it's not just VZW.  Outsourced Support s**ks.  (trying to post this, I had to correct an issue before it would post.  Apparently, SUC*S is  a "bad word" - a bad word????  Are we in kindergarten or something???)

0 Likes
pol
Enthusiast - Level 2

this application not working good long time. and you guys VERIZON try play with customers like you don't know this issue for 3-5 years.

Verizon and Microsoft not getting alone with this issue. 

thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Windows Message App Install Fix (Worked for me)
stowerh

Thank You!  This helped me.  Apparently, my Message+ on my phone was not actually activated either, and that was preventing me from doing this.  I found that when attempting your suggestion.

0 Likes