Wrong phone number with Verizon Messages
GERBEN1

After the upgrade I created a group, added my wife and sent her a message. It shows the message came from a phone number  instead of from my name and number. Any idea WHY? With just this wrong number showing people are not going to want to respond to my message since they can't know who it is from.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wrong phone number with Verizon Messages
jendoeshair

This happened to me also. I sent a group chat to my mom and sister and my mom asked what is this. I didn't know what she was talking about until she screenshot and said there's a weird number that sent it. Has me concerned. I like the idea of the group chat just not the strange number.

0 Likes
walkerda14

I am seeing the same thing. And the number that shows to my recipients - not one that any of them or I have seen or heard of before.

Weird. And only happens now since this most recent update.

0 Likes
jasonpride

I also had a rude message from someone saying that i was texting their five year old. Who in their right mind would give a five year old a cellphone?! I received this text AFTER my niece texted me using a new number.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes