Yellow usage bar
Thuytran09

So recently I used a blackberry and was tired of it and cancelled it during the month, thus canceling my data plan, but I also cancelled my texting plan. Now during the use of my blackberry I used  8,561.27 kb for my data plan. Now I was wondering if now that I cancelled the plan do I have to pay for the kb I used or do I just pay for the kb I used after I cancelled the plan, the same goes for texting.

P.S.. It shows a yellow usage bar, does that mean its full? Or over?

IM assuming that green means that you can still use data or text

Yellow means its full

And red means that you went over.

Thank you for reading, and helping.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Yellow usage bar
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like you completely cancelled your Verizon service for this phone, (including voice, text and data), is that correct?  I'm curious, because it shouldn't be possible to use data after you cancel your plan entirely.

What data and text plans did you have?  Were they unlimited?

I believe that if you fully cancel your service, Verizon does not pro-rate, they just charge you for the full month.  If you chance features on your account, or your base calling plan, Verizon will pro-rate the cost and the amount of data/minutes/texts alloted to you according to how many days you were under the old and new plans.

Let us know more details about exactly what you did and what plans you were on and we can help more, thanks!

0 Likes
Thuytran09

Well I had the $29.99 unlimited data plan for the blackberry, and the $10.00, 500 text plan.

Well what happened was I was tired of paying the $29.99 data plan that you have to buy for the blackberry, so I switched back to my old flip phone with the voice, but no data and text, and so I was just wondering if I have to pay the $150+ for the data plan from my blackberry, and the $50+ for the texting from my blackberry, or do I only pay for the amount I used after I changed the feature. Thank you very much for replying!

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

For data: I think you will pay a pro-rated amount for the number of days you had unlimited data, and then you will pay the pay-as-you-go rate of $1.99/MB for any data you use on the flip phone (after you changed plans).

For text: You will pay a pro-rated amount for the number of days you had the 500 text plan, but also, your allowence will be pro-rated.  Example: If you pay for 15 days of the 500 text plan, your allowance is only 250 texts.  If you went over the adjusted allowance, you will be charged the overage rate for those texts.  For any texts sent or recieved on your flip phone, you will pay the PAYGO rate.

All of this should be broken out on your next bill, and you could call into CS now to see how the pro-rate will break down for you in terms of cost.

I'm not sure what you mean by the $150+ for data?  Even with 8,000+KB, that should only come out to about 9MB and cost you around $18 at the $1.99/MB rate.  Verizon will not credit you for the months that you did have the service, but they also won't charge you going forward for data unless you choose the package, or re-activate a phone that requires it.

0 Likes