background app refresh does not work
WILTHA47
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the Messages+ on an iPhone 6. The background app refresh does not work. I have the setting on in both the app and on the iPhone.  Unless I am active in the app, I do not get notifications of new messages. The background app refresh appears to be broken.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: background app refresh does not work
BRIWES1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have started experiencing this on my iPhone SE.  Messages+ background refresh worked fine for months, then all of a sudden it disappeared for me.  Don't know if it was the recent app update on 3/8/17 or the iOS update to 10.3.  Really frustrating VZW.  Please look into this and see if it can be duplicated.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WILTHA47, we know how important it is to make sure you're receiving the proper notifications for your incoming text messages. Let's make sure we can get this resolved. Can you please tell us the current software version on your iPhone (you can find it by going to Settings > General > About > Version) and the current app version of your Messages+ application (you can find it by going into the App Store > Updates > Messages+)?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
WILTHA47
Enthusiast - Level 1

The iPhone version is 10.3.1 and the Message+ app version is 2.4.3.

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WILTHA47, thanks for keeping us posted. It's good to see that your device and application are both up to date. We don't want you to miss out on any important text messages going forward. May I ask if this issue is consistent with both Wi-Fi and Cellular Data? Have you had any other data related issues besides this?

SamanthaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
WILTHA47
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's a consistent issue if I am on wifi or cellular. I can be sitting in my home on wifi and do not get a notification unless I am active in the app. Same if I am on the go on the cell coverage, no notification unless I am active in the app.

0 Likes
WILTHA47
Enthusiast - Level 1

And to be clear...I am not seeing this issue with other apps that have background refresh...weather apps, facebook and so on...they are all refreshing and giving notifications.

0 Likes
WILTHA47
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any update on this issue?

0 Likes
BRIWES1
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of the symptoms that WILTHA47 has described are exactly the same ones I am experiencing.  Doesn't matter if on wifi or cell, no refresh unless the app is in the foreground.  I am curious too if there has been progress on diagnosing this.  Very frustrating.  iOS 10.3.1 Message+ 2.4.3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WILTHA47, we want to ensure that your notification issue gets resolved. At this time, we would recommend working with the Verizon Messages app development team. They will be able to further troubleshoot this concern. They can be reached via email at VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com

EbonyR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes