Re: background app refresh does not work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Briwes1, I know that this issue with the background sync is less than ideal. For the best resolution, the issue needed to be lifted up to Apple and the creator of Messages+. We're awaiting them to recreate the issue to come up with a solution. Please bear with us while we work to get this issue resolved for you.

LaSindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BRIWES1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After about a month of no background refresh action with Message+, on Sunday 4/23 my phone started displaying notifications for Message+ with the app in the background.  Just really confusing.  All I have done to the phone since experiencing the symptoms has been restarting it a few times.  Out of the blue it started again with no app or iOS update.  Did VZW do anything server side to fix this?

WILTHA47
Enthusiast - Level 1

YES!  I had the exact same experience. No changes to settings on my phone, no app update and no iOS update but now it works.  Had to be a change on their server communication to the app to keep the connection active.

0 Likes