blackberry won't send pictures
manderz500

I just got my blackberry bold 9650 and I am having trouble sending pictures with text messages. Texts are sending fine, but when I try to send a picture it has a red X beside it. I have service also when I try to send a picture. Please help. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry won't send pictures
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Call customer service and be sure the texting is provisioned properly for your line. Also, be sure you have a a good signal - when I send from my daughter's house it sometimes takes two or three tries before it actually sends.... sending from other locations pictures send right away.
0 Likes
Re: blackberry won't send pictures
kwm1337
Contributor - Level 1

Starting with OS 6.0 MMS protocols can require an adequate connection to a data service in order to send. True sending a picture does not use data, but in certain releases of the OS 6.0 and OS 7.0 the MMS protocol will use the data connection to transfer the picture. This is something being worked on in different releases for OS7 because the situation with the SMS vs. MMS auto-switching mode is causing problems when a adequate data connection is not available the pictures will not send. I do not know if this is your specific problem as it could be any number of things, but I do know many people that have this problem can normally solve it this way. If that is not the case and there is something else going on then definitely contact Tech. Support.

Best of Luck,

--kwm1337

0 Likes