blocking callers
deb1121

How do I block a certain number from being able to call or text me and my family?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: blocking callers
budone
Legend

Log into your My Verizon account and click on the box to block calls and texts. Add the number and hit SAVE. You will need to do this for each phone line.

This will block the number for 90 days.  However, keep in mind if they decide to add *67 in front of your number to block their number from being seen, the call will make it through. But if you have smartphones, you can get apps to block those types of calls.

They can also text from the VZW website and not enter their number and then text you.

Some phones allow the user to block individual numbers also. You may want to check into that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Log into your My Verizon account and click on the box to block calls and texts. Add the number and hit SAVE. You will need to do this for each phone line.

This will block the number for 90 days.  However, keep in mind if they decide to add *67 in front of your number to block their number from being seen, the call will make it through. But if you have smartphones, you can get apps to block those types of calls.

They can also text from the VZW website and not enter their number and then text you.

Some phones allow the user to block individual numbers also. You may want to check into that.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

budone wrote:

If the same number needs to be blocked on all lines on the account, you don't have to enter the info. for each line ... there is an option to check "apply these settings to all eligible lines".

0 Likes
budone
Legend
Thanks for the info!
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

you're welcome!

0 Likes