can't read the QR code from Message+ on my Amazon Fire 8 tablet
BSHURE11

Friends:

I thought the hard part would be getting the app installed and running on my tablet. It wasn't. Sideloading Google Play and then installing Message+ worked the first time!

I could not read the QR code with the Play Store version on a new Kindle Fire 8.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, then installed version 6.6.6.  I could not get it to send me a text message.

Any help or insights would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Bert

0 Likes
Re: can't read the QR code from Message+ on my Amazon Fire 8 tablet
BSHURE11

PS. We're using Message+ on the mobile phone. It works well.

Message+ on the 2019 MacBook Air runs poorly. We were hoping it would be more stable and reliable on the tablet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BSHURE11, I know Messages+ is a big deal. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it on your devices. Are you using it with your current mobile number, or a different number? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand, BSHURE11. Thank you for these details. Is the Messages+ linked to your mobile number that is on your wireless phone? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
BSHURE11

Thanks for replying.

I am trying to configure this for my wife. I'm using her current mobile number.

I use Google Voice which gives me more features for free. I thought Message+ would be easier for my wife. It would be if the software worked reliably on the Mac.

Cheers,

Bert

0 Likes
BSHURE11

@BSHURE11 wrote:

Thanks for replying.

I am trying to configure this for my wife. I'm using her current mobile number.

I use Google Voice which gives me more features for free. I thought Message+ would be easier for my wife. It would be if the software worked reliably on the Mac.

Cheers,

Bert

@vzw_customer_support 

Did this reply help you advise me on a course of action?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble settings up Message+ on your tablet, BSHURE11. If the QR code is not working, there should be an option to have a text message sent. Do you see this option? You can learn more about Message+ here, http://spr.ly/66081wneg. DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes