can text message records be subpoenaed through a court from Verizon directly?
ALEKYR48

can text message records be subpoenaed through a court from Verizon directly?

If I need to request text message records, just phone #s and times, not content, can Verizon be subpoenaed to hand them over? If so, how far back do they keep records?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can text message records be subpoenaed through a court from Verizon directly?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALEKYR48,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I know text message details are important to obtain and I can certainly help. Verizon Wireless only captures the last 3-5 days worth of message content (never more than 10 days). All requests for text message content must be made through the proper legal process (warrant, court order and or subpoena with notarized written customer consent of the intended recipient or originator of the text message). You mentioned you do not need the content, only times and numbers. You can review this information via your My Verizon online account. Here's the sign in link http://spr.ly/6587DWEW3 Does this help?

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!