certain contacts not working
AGiantDino

On my verizon messages+ desktop app I have one contact that refuses to work.  I have imported my contacts from google, and every single one updated except for this contact.  I then deleted the contact and created a new one with the same number, but it still did not update the contact to display a name instead of the number.  Also, unrelated but is there a way to sync new google contacts with messages+?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: certain contacts not working
Not applicable

HI AGiantDino,

Please try the steps below to add the contact to your PC app.

TO SAVE/CHANGE A CONTACT ON THE PC:

1. Select the Number in the header of the open message
  2. Select 'contact' icon  (yellow)

pc_add_contact.png

1. Write the person's name in the screen that pops up
  2. Select ADD below the phone number
  3. Select SAVE

pc_add_contact2.png

0 Likes
AGiantDino

Thank you, but the contact is already saved, I have tried this before and it says a contact with that name already exists, which i have verified through verizon cloud.  I then tried to delete the contact from verizon cloud, and add the contact through this method, which works, as i can verify the contact has been created, however the contact will not show up in the messages screen.  All of my other contacts display without issues, but this one does not show the contact name.

I can even view the contact in the Contacts window through message+ and the contact is saved with right number, but it does not show up in the main window or the conversation window.  I'm at a loss to what the issue could be.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Interesting.... 

Let's try this:

Delete the contact from the MOBILE.

Back up VZ Cloud.  The contact should NOT show in VZ Cloud now.

Now, Update the PC contact

Now, add the contact back into the Mobile

Back up VZ Cloud. The contact SHOULD show

-ALIE

0 Likes