charges for texting between verizon and other carriers
donnab68

I am considering getting Verizon and getting the "unlimited text, data and phone package.  Does unlimited actually MEAN unlimited?  For some reason after reading things I am afraid I will be charged for texting between Verizon and other carriers such as AT&T etc within the US.  I think this because on the unlimited packages it says

"5000 texts¹ and Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Texting² ¹ Always applies when sending and receiving Instant Messages via Verizon Mobile IM and when receiving Text Alerts. Also applies to messages exchanged from the U.S.: with subscribers in the U.S. and to participating carriers in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands and (ii) via email. Overage Rate is 10¢ per recipient, per message sent or received for Text/Picture/Video/Voice Messages. ² Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging with other Verizon Wireless customers from within the National Enhanced Services and Extended National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas. Text, Picture, Video and Voice Messaging is not available throughout the Nationwide Rate and Coverage Area. Instant Messages are not included as Mobile to Mobile Messages in any Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging plan"

Does this mean if I am texting, sending photos etc to someone that is NOT on Verizon network that I only have 5000 texts available until I'm going to be charged per text?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: charges for texting between verizon and other carriers
budone
Legend

There is the Talk and Text plan, that is UNLIMITED texts to anyone in the US. (and maybe a couple other spots)

But there are addon plans of 5000 which those 5000 are used between VZW and a different carrier. VZW to VZW messages do not come out of the bucket

This plan is for those who just do not need unlimited

0 Likes
donnab68

so if I want to have completely unlimited texting/picture msg etc to ANYONE no matter the carrier as long as they are in the US, what plan do I need to ask for and do you by chance know how much that is?  Thank you for the quick response as well

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Below is the link to single line plans.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=planFirst&action=viewPlanList&sortOption=p...

You want the Talk and Text plan. The texting piece is $20 add'l on a single line plan.

0 Likes