contacts duplicating in the new app on computer.
VOYTEKD

I used Message+ which now updated to the new Verizon Messages on my computers. The new contact dropdown list has many duplicates. How do I get rid of them? Message+ did not have them. Duplicates show up both in the "Recent" list, and the all contacts list, but the duplicating is different as to how many and what names.

Computers use Windows 10. My phone is a Motorola Mini.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: contacts duplicating in the new app on computer.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Is the application up to date? When did this first start?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We want to make sure your application is working correctly. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application? Are you seeing duplicates of all contacts? Or duplicates of only a select few?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
VOYTEKD

So here is the total issue. I have four devices, two computers, my phone a Motorola Mini, and a Verizon Elipsis Pad. I am using Verizon Messages on all. My basic Contact list is on Google, accessed through my Google ID. It is clean with no duplicates. The phone displays the Google contacts correctly. Things get messed up when texting, which is using Verizon Messages. If I enter the first few letters of a contact into the address bar it finds it correctly. If I click the People icon in the upper right corner I get huge lists differently in each device. On my phone I get duplicated contacts in no particular pattern. Some are contacts that I have actually never sent texts to since they are out of country friends. The list includes preset contacts, some duplicated. On my Pad I get hundreds of contacts with (No Name) in front of the regular list which has all the duplicates. On my desktop, using the older Message+ I get a clean list, on my laptop using the new Messages I get the same sort of list I get on my phone. In looking at the lists on my phone in "Contacts to display" it seems to be the "All contacts" list that is the issue. All other lists are clean, but the "All contacts" list has all sorts of random duplicates, not including the Pads (No name) items. How do I clear the "All contacts" list on both phone, and the Pad that doesn't seem to have an option of which contacts to display in the Verizon Messages App.

0 Likes