does "verizon messages app" (Message+) work on a wifi only tablet?
MOISHES
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will the "Verizon Messages" app (Message+) work on a wifi only tablet (e.g.: Galaxy Tab)?

I am able to send texts but i do not receive any replies...

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: does "verizon messages app" (Message+) work on a wifi only tablet?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@MOISHES wrote:

Will the "Verizon Messages" app (Message+) work on a wifi only tablet (e.g.: Galaxy Tab)?

I am able to send texts but i do not receive any replies...

Thanks

Does your tablet on your account have its own plan and line number?  Are you logging into Message+ using that line number or another number on your account?  I have an iPad with data only on my account and use it for accessing Message+ over WiFi (send/receive) using the number of my phone.  Maybe this is a device issue for you?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MOISHES
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jav6, thanks for reaching out!

Here's how I'm using it:
My phone (Moto G) is on a vzw voice/data plan. I installed Message+ on the phone and set is as the default sms app. I turned on 'integrated messaging' setting. Text on the phone with Message+ works 100%.

My Galaxy tablet does not have ANY plan associated with it. I can only connect to the internet with wifi when available. I installed Message+ on the tablet and set it to use the phone number of my phone. I can send texts from Message+ on the tablet. However incoming texts do not show up on the tablet.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@MOISHES wrote:

Jav6, thanks for reaching out!

Here's how I'm using it:
My phone (Moto G) is on a vzw voice/data plan. I installed Message+ on the phone and set is as the default sms app. I turned on 'integrated messaging' setting. Text on the phone with Message+ works 100%.

My Galaxy tablet does not have ANY plan associated with it. I can only connect to the internet with wifi when available. I installed Message+ on the tablet and set it to use the phone number of my phone. I can send texts from Message+ on the tablet. However incoming texts do not show up on the tablet.

Good clarification.  I suspect the Integrated Messaging feature of Message+ might only work between devices associated with the account.  Maybe an agent @vzw_customer_support  will chime in here and provide some info.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
MOISHES
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep. An official word from @vzw_customer_support  would help clarify the issue.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Moishes, it is important to have clear details regarding your device and available services. To clarify, Verizon Messages is a feature that will work with Wi-Fi when your device is setup with Wi-Fi calling on the Verizon Network. However, we do not offer Wi-Fi only tablets. As is the case Verizon Messages will not work with a Wi-Fi tablet not activate with the Verizon network. 

*Joshua

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, and for the details. Have you tried removing Message+ and restarting, then reinstalling it? This is what we would recommend at this point, please let us know how this goes, thanks.

-Rosie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to review this matter with you in depth. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here. We look forward to working with you soon!

*Robert

0 Likes
MOISHES
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I did. Still not working.

Thanks

0 Likes
MOISHES
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the information. Is this exclusion documented anywhere?

0 Likes