double texts after update
jennwardle

Both of my sons and I upgraded our roaming capabilities (*228 #2). We have a Droid 2, a Droid X and an Octane. Ever since we did this yesterday, we all receive text messages twice. It's pretty annoying. Is there some way we can make that stop happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: double texts after update
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Jennwardle, I can understand your concern with the duplicate text messages. I am here to help, please send me a private message with your mobile number and I assure you that I will resolve this issue for you.

Thank you,

0 Likes
Amandara3

Hi Lena,

I am also receiving double texts. How do I fix this?

Sincerely,

amanda

0 Likes
AraceliT_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Amandara3, are you using Handcent SMS or the stock SMS application? 

Thank you, 

AraceliT_VZWSupport

Follow us  on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dgtlmn

I'm having the same issue, though sporadically on my Thunderbolt.  Sometimes I get multiple texts coming in, but more than not, and a LOT more recently...people are getting 2, 3, 4, 5 copies of the same text I only send them once.  Everything looks normal on the message thread on the phone.  I believe this is an issue with Verizon's texting network, not the phone.  Otherwise, I would expect this to happen all the time when I send texts and it doesn't.  How do we get this fixed?  Not everyone out there has unlimited texts per month and it's also extremely annoying!  Is there an update as to what Verizon is doing to fix this issue??

0 Likes