email to vtext.com are returned
ksanger
Enthusiast - Level 2

My last successful email to text was in August 2021.   I need a way to send messages to my phone.   My mail server is on my own domain hosted on Bluehost.com.   When I send a message to "my 10 digit phone number at vtext dot com" from "my email address at my domain" it does not go through.   I get a reply hours later that my message could not be delivered to one or more recipients.  

Mail system
<"My email address at my domain dot com">: mail transport unavailable.

I also get the following:  ([Note email addresses are not allowed in this forum so the dummy email address are not quoted text explaining what was in the fields in the error message])

Reporting-MTA: dns; progateway1.mail.pro1.eigbox.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: D707F10040454
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; "my Email Address at my Domain dot com"
Arrival-Date: Sat,  7 May 2022 12:19:15 +0000 (UTC)

Final-Recipient: rfc822;"My 10 digit phone number at vtext dot com"
Original-Recipient: rfc822;"My 10 digit phone number at vtext dot com"
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; mail transport unavailable

I can send email to text messages via my gmail account.   But that does not help me do what I want to do, which is have my home send a message to my phone, as google makes that difficult to do.   Once this works again my home will send a message to my domain which will forward it to my phone via email.   Simple enough.   Used to work fine.   

My Domain on Bluehost is Not a business account.   I don't use it for anything at the moment but hosting my personal email account.

The only traffic I've generated to date is when trying to send notes to my phone via email to text.  Shouldn't have been blocked due to that.   Else why provide the service in the first place?

Re: email to vtext.com are returned
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there ksanger and thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. We can understand wanting to be able to utilize the vtext feature as a means of convenience. There are certain limitations to this service however especially since so much of it has been discontinued since 2016. The service is not intended to be used for large volumes of commercial messages or emergency messages. Due to the inherent limitations of Internet email, Verizon provides no assurance regarding the timeliness or receipt of messages sent using this service. Businesses and organizations alike looking to send a high volume of messages should subscribe to Verizon Enterprise Messaging. You can learn more about the options by visiting this link https://www.verizon.com/support/enterprise-messaging-faqs/ Any additional options would simply not be available for what you are looking to accomplish. 

-Candice

0 Likes
mgl1986
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  I have an automated system which sends out critical notifications to about 20 or 30 people email-to-text.  Some days, no notification may go out.  Some days, four or five notifications may go out.  The size of the message is literally maybe 60 characters maximum.

It's worked flawlessly for years.  Suddenly, notifications aren't being delivered or are being delayed by up to 48 hours.  I can't have this and can't afford some enterprise system as this isn't a business.  It's related to rural emergency services.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want this resolved ASAP.  A private message is being sent to assist further.

-Sean

0 Likes
rklarry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues.  

0 Likes
chiefcp

We are having the same problem with texts sent to the Verizon MMS and SMS gateway addresses.  What's going on?

0 Likes
DaGbyte

This service has been working fine until recently. I have the same issue. I have a motion detection script that texts me and emails me. Emails go thru - text messages do not. What happened? And don't just say "sign up for business". there has to be a better way...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rklarry, we are here for your support. Let's review. When did this start? What steps are you taking to send this message? What is the Make/Model of your device?  

-Sylvia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chiefcp Thank you for reaching out here on this platform. Sorry to learn you are having issues. Can you tell us what happens when you send a message? Are you using the app that came with the phone or one from the store? -Dolores

0 Likes
skme
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem when I send through bluehost account via outlook I'm only attempting to send one email/text through outlook. 

Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; mail transport unavailable

Note: It works fine when is send it through a gmail account through outlook.

0 Likes