error validating security code
KatCox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Suddenly having difficulty accessing message+ on desktop.  Having to re-setup, and the app will not recognize the security code texted to me?  Any ideas on the underlying problem and how to fix it?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: error validating security code
VerizonThePrize
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally figured it out with Verizon support.Go here: My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless (My Verizon)

My Verizon > My Plan and Services > Send a Message

Then do the following:

• Open up the settings in the little right tab menu (3 lines)
  • Go to manage devices
  • Remove the device you are having an issue with (and any unused devices)
  • You should now be able to re-authenticate

When it happened to me, it seemed like you could have a maximum of 2 previously saved registrations with a device. My device was already in there twice, and I was trying for a third. Wiping it allowed me to authenticate immediately and I'm all back up and running.

View solution in original post

mrychlew

I'm having the same issue!!  I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, and tried about 15 codes. Same thing....error validating security code....

0 Likes
dmPotter1212

Same issue here, where I already have installed it works great. Unable to add new client machines.

0 Likes
VerizonThePrize
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have same problem. Started happening after all my devices were booted offline and needed to re-authenticate a couple days ago. Now I can't no matter what machine name I use. I also tried reinstalling multiple times, and even a new install on a fresh copy of Windows, nothing.

0 Likes
VerizonThePrize
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally figured it out with Verizon support.Go here: My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless (My Verizon)

My Verizon > My Plan and Services > Send a Message

Then do the following:

• Open up the settings in the little right tab menu (3 lines)
  • Go to manage devices
  • Remove the device you are having an issue with (and any unused devices)
  • You should now be able to re-authenticate

When it happened to me, it seemed like you could have a maximum of 2 previously saved registrations with a device. My device was already in there twice, and I was trying for a third. Wiping it allowed me to authenticate immediately and I'm all back up and running.

mslabaugh
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked perfectly, thank you!

0 Likes