getting copies of text messages
maryanne28
Enthusiast - Level 1

do you know if you can get a copy of text messages from a diff line on your account... for example i have 4 lines on my account, do i need a suponea to get a copy from another of my lines?

<Post branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: getting copies of text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This thread is over 2-1/2 years old; it would have been better if you'd started a new thread.

Verizon only keeps text messages a few days and to get copies does require a court order.  You can view text logs for any of your lines via your on-line MyVerizon account.

maryanne28
Enthusiast - Level 1

i didnt even think of that.. and didnt even look at the date 😕 but i can log onto my verizon account but cant find how to view text logs???

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to be the Account Owner and logged in as such.  Once in your on-line MyVerizon account, click the blue Usage Details under My Usage.  Look under the Messaging summary table and click the blue View Messaging Details.  Use the drop-down at the top of the page to move between phone lines.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Maryanne28  Yes, you can retrieve terminating text messaging content for a line on your account. We are only able to provide an average of the last 3-5 days of content, but never more than ten days (240 hours) from the date and time the message is delivered. Please contact our Law Enforcement Response Team at 800-451-5242 to submit your request.

I trust that this info will be helpful to you. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us. ^LH

0 Likes