gif to jpeg when sending via email
Looger
Enthusiast - Level 1

whenever i send a animated gif to my moto 9q m via my hotmail or any email address the file is converted from the original format to a jpeg. i read somewhere where i may need to install a plugin or piece of software to view this file. if i send the gif via blutooth to my phone it will display as an animated gif.

anyone have any ideas why this occurring, and how to resolve it?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: gif to jpeg when sending via email
Looger
Enthusiast - Level 1

carma, thanks for taking the time to offer your suggestions. after sending a few different animated gifs via mms i did find out some will play so i think rather than the network/phone it has to do with the raw format the gif is in.

thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: GIF to jpeg when sending via email
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

It actually could be the network or possibly the phone converting this file.

I will say that it is not the network in my case since I just verified sending such a file to my device and it plays and saves as an animated GIF.

I have seen and do know the network convert files into other formats, more so audio files.

Apparently you phone does have ani GIF support since you can clearly Bluetooth it to your phone and it works. I would say it is a network conversion of some type?

Maybe experimenting with a few different ani gifs might get you different results ?

Also, try renaming the file before you attach and send to the phone to maybe .jpeg or .jpg extension and see what would happen, maybe it will ignore it and let it pass to the phone.  Give that a try

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: gif to jpeg when sending via email
Looger
Enthusiast - Level 1

carma, thanks for taking the time to offer your suggestions. after sending a few different animated gifs via mms i did find out some will play so i think rather than the network/phone it has to do with the raw format the gif is in.

thanks again.

0 Likes