group messaging issues on Android
ALILIM20

Hello! Is this problem apparent across ALL android users on the Verizon network: I am have issues with the group messaging function on my android phone. I currently have a Samsung S7, but have had other phones prior to that with the same issue. I have used different messaging apps to ensure that it's not the app. Now I'm most certain it's the network. When sending/receiving a lot of group messages, my phone will eventually stop being able to receive/send group messages. It'll tell me that the "network is not available" and that I should connect to WIFI to get those messages. The group messages then go to the individual's threads and there would be a "download" option for each of the group messages that wasn't "downloaded" or received. I feel like it's basically a bunch of backed up messages. I know it's not my phone's memory being full because I have tons of free space. It's not the app because I've used Hangouts, Google messages, the default messaging apps, and they all have the same problems. It's definitely not my phone because I've had this issue on every single one of my Android phones. I've never been an Apple user, so switching to an Iphone really isn't an option. My gripe is, Verizon is a large telecom provider that charges the mostest....but they don't have the capacity to receive group messages fast enough?? It's got to queue up somewhere and download at snail pace that it makes me regret paying 4G LTE $$$ for 2G service??? All my apps are up to date and so is my software. Someone please explain or share their experiences, fixes, if any, and suggestions. I'm beyond frustrated with this issue I've been having for years! Thank you in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: group messaging issues on Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ALLIM20 We know how important it is to be able to send messages in your group text. I'm curious does this happen every time you attempt to communicate via group chat? Do you notice that this happens in a specific area? (Indoors vs Outdoors) Also what's the name of the text application that you're currently using?    - JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALILIM20

Hi Joel,

This issue is persistent both indoors and outdoors. It happens when I have "full bars" or "low bars".

It happens whenever I get a lot of group messages in any given thread. It's as if the network goes overload and my messages queue up somewhere waiting to be downloaded. An initial conversation will be fine, but if I communicate for awhile in a group text, it'll eventually begin to lag and the lag only gets worse over the course of the conversation.

I have had incidences where group messages are so delayed, it'll show up an hour later. I also have messages that I never ever receive.

The app I use is the default app, which is Message+. This issue is persistent no matter what app I use. I've tried varies messaging apps. I'm pretty sure it's not the app, but the network. Considering my baseline phone bill is $243/mo for two smartphone lines, reliable messaging service is to be expected.

Do you have a fix, Joel?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that update, ALILIM20. This certainly helps us pinpoint the issue further. Do you know if others are having the same issue with delayed messages? Have you had the same SIM Card with all the devices that you have had this issue with? Do you notice any other services getting bogged down when your messages start to get delayed?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes