how can i delete multiple text messages on my samsung
Traveling_Engineer

During a glitch on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, I somehow ended up with 64 text messages showing as "unread".  How can I easily delete many of the without doing each one individually

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how can i delete multiple text messages on my samsung
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate the additional clarification, Traveling.Engineer. Let’s get you the steps to do this. In order to delete multi text message threads you can simple tap and hold on a thread. Once the blue check mark appears on that thread you can tap other threads and then select the trash can icon at the top to delete the marked threads. I hope this is helpful.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Traveling.Engineer,

I can completely understand wanting to find a fast way to get through those 64 messages. If you open Verizon Messages and tap the 3 lines in the upper left corner, Do you see the option to Mark as read or delete message?

DerekR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Traveling_Engineer

No, I do not have an option to “Mark” under the three dots. Only Scheduled Messaged, Create Group, Customize and Hide Nav Bar.

Ron R

0 Likes
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

I appreciate the additional clarification, Traveling.Engineer. Let’s get you the steps to do this. In order to delete multi text message threads you can simple tap and hold on a thread. Once the blue check mark appears on that thread you can tap other threads and then select the trash can icon at the top to delete the marked threads. I hope this is helpful.

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes