how do I save a video or picture on an iPhone
LWAKABR

I received a video from someone that I could not view with iMessage.  I was told I needed to download Verizon Message+ to view - which I did.  I am able to view the video but I cannot save it or even forward it to email.  How do I do this or is it view only? (which would totally suck)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I save a video or picture on an iPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LWAKABR, saving your memories to your phone happens to be one of the best features of smartphones. The video should save for you once you open it by pressing and holding the screen. When you do that a menu should pop up with options. If you do get that menu, it is possible that the particular video file is not compatible to be saved with the device. Have you checked your available storage? What happens when you press and hold the video when it's open?

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LWAKABR

I have enough storage. When I press and hold on the video it gives me the option of delete info or report as spam only.

Lorrie [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LWAKABR, we appreciate you getting back to us with those additional details. may I ask what type of video was sent to you? Was it one that someone took from their phone & sent over? Or was it one that was downloaded from another source

ChristinaM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LWAKABR

It was one someone took then sent to me from a Samsung phone

Lorrie  [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know I treasure all of my photos and videos I have received over the years. Tap on Message, then the one conversations, tap Details which is listed in the upper right corner. Scroll down to Attachments. Then tap and hold the one of the displayed images you want to save.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LWAKABR

It is an MQTT type file 15mb. It doesn't give me any other the options you are suggesting

Lorrie [removed]

Sent From my iPhone

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LWAKABR, I understand wanting to get the file saved. Unfortunately this is a file type we don’t support. However, let’s take a look into a work around. Have you logged into Verizon Messages online to see if you are able to save the file via your computer? To do so log into your My Verizon account > hover over My Plan & Services > click on Send A Message. Locate the message to find the video, you should see the image as an attachment and a download symbol. Click on the download symbol to download to your PC.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BJLANE

you can save photos and videos from Message+ to your iPhone gallery. Here are the steps to take...

1) in Messages click the person's name that contains the media you want to save

2) click the 3 dots (...) in the top right corner

3) choose Media

4) click on a picture/image (not a video) even if you don't want to save that particular picture

5) now that you are seeing a single picture click on it once more and you will see a didferent icon appear in the top right of the screen which looks like a box with and arrow pointing to the right

6) now that you are in this area where you can see this icon at the top right of your screen...swipe the picture to the left or right until you come to the image OR video you are wanting to save

7) now click on that icon and options will appear on the screen that will allow you to Save to Camera Roll, Forward, email, or delete...viola choose the option you want to do Smiley Happy

*****please note if you choose a video first at step 4 you will not get the icon needed to get to those options in step 5 ... it will only play the video instead

hope this helps...it took trial and error for me to finally find this solution

0 Likes