i can receive text messages but message failed when i reply
elaire
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a problem with only 1 contact with messaging. I have a Samsung Note 3 my contact has an Iphone 4s  with another carrier.  I receive the messages and I am able to send pictures but I am unable to send text messages, they come up failed message. A friend with a Samsung phone and Verizon sent a message no problem.  I have checked all my settings.... What do I need to do to be able to send sms not just mms?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i can receive text messages but message failed when i reply
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

is the party you are trying to send to able to receive the same type of message from others?

0 Likes
elaire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes they can

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

went you receive the message failed have you tried to resend?

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

I have received that FAILED message a few times with one party only and if I click on the failed message and resend (sometimes takes a few times) it will finally go through.. I sometimes have to double check to make sure I have full signal

0 Likes
elaire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Done that many times, I've even deleted the contact and then reentered it in.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

and this is only with one party? Let me double check some thing for you be back in a few

0 Likes
elaire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes only this one contact and ok...

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

are you able to send sms with all other contacts you have? and have you asked the one with the !phone if they are able to receive sms messages? Since this is happening with only one party , I am beginning to think it might be on their end. especially if you are able to send and receive both sms and mms with others. Can you check with them and than advise? I will continue to try and research further in the mean time

elaire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes they are able to receive sms from others. And another friend sent a sms sitting right next to me and it went through  no problem