i have moved my sdcard over to my samsung brightside phone. but the videos can not be read. Is there anyone out there whom may have experienced the same issue?
lorsa

i have moved my sdcard over to my samsung brightside phone,. but the videos can not be read. Is there anyone out there whom may have experienced the same issue? I also tried transferring my files over to my pc first, then reformatted the sdcard, then transferred to the appropriate files back onto the sdcard and put back into samsung.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i have moved my sdcard over to my samsung brightside phone. but the videos can not be read. Is there anyone out there whom may have experienced the same issue?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The videos may be using a different codec than that available on the Bright Side.  What phone did you have before?  Can you play the videos on your computer?  You can try recording another video with the Bright Side and see what format it records in... then possibly convert the videos to that format to view on the Bright Side.

0 Likes
Re: i have moved my sdcard over to my samsung brightside phone. but the videos can not be read. Is there anyone out there whom may have experienced the same issue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info SuzyQ. lorsa, the community is correct, pictures and videos can be saved differently on other phones. What phone did you remove the SIM card from? Where did you purchase your SIM card from? Your previous phones SD card and format may not be compatible with your Brightside device. I show you advise that you reformated your memory card but make sure the files are saved correctly. Listed below are the different type of files you can save, receive, and view for pics and videos with your device.

Files that are compatible with the Brightside device:
JPEG (*.jpg, *.jpeg, *.jpe)

BMP (*.bmp)

PNG (*.png)

GIF (*.gif)

3G2 (*.3g2)

3GP (*.3gp)

MPEG4 (*.mpg)

Please let me know if the information above helped with your issue. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. Make sure you always power cycle periodically. You may also need to peform a hard rest for your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes