iOS 7 upgrade bug: Mixed-up text messages
SWriverstone

I just upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 7. My wife has an iPhone 4, still using iOS 6.

When SMS messaging each other this morning, we experienced a crazy bug where BOTH of our messaging displays showed ALL messages as coming from just one of us. (In other words, my texts appear on her phone as if they came from her...and vice-versa.)

Another aspect of this bug is that each time I send her a text message, my phone chimes and my own message pops back into my phone.

It's as if there is some kind of "echo" of feedback loop going on, where messages we send are bounced back into our phones.

Is anyone else having this problem?

And to Verizon Wireless: is this a Verizon Wireless issue? Or an iOS 7 issue?

We will probably upgrade her iPhone 4 to iOS 7 tonight...maybe that will fix the problem?

Scott in Morgantown, WV

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS 7 upgrade bug: Mixed-up text messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you weren't using iMessages to send messages to each other? Do you share the same Apple ID?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: iOS 7 upgrade bug: Mixed-up text messages
SWriverstone

I think I solved the problem...in Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, under "You Can Be Reached By iMessage At" my wife's number was listed---and checked---as well as my number. (Not sure why?) That explains why my messages were getting bounced back, I think.

So I unchecked my wife's number...and things seem to be okay now---no more bounceback. (And I'm presuming that won't interfere with us iMessaging each other.)

Will test it a bit more to be sure.

Scott

0 Likes