iOS app not showing contact names!
spartecha

The incoming notifications only show the contacts phone number. This does me no good unless I have all 400 people's phone numbers memorized. PLEASE FIX YOUR iOS APP to show contact names rather than numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS app not showing contact names!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey spartecha,

I know I could never remember all of the numbers in my contact list, so let's take a closer look into this. How long has this been going on? Are you aware of any other iOS users having the same issue? Please elaborate for me, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
spartecha

Yes, every single iOS user is having this problem. It has been reported in your Verizon forums for a few years now. This has been going on since the app was released years ago. The issue is that when a text is received via the Verizon Messages application on the iPhone, the notification only shows the phone number that sent the text. Even if the contacts are synced with the application, it still does not show the contacts name. It only shows the phone number in the iOS notification that pops up. Below is how a text message appears for the built in iOS messaging app. The Verizon app does not show their name, it'll show a number only. Example: 5552224444

0 Likes
spartecha

I replied a few days ago and haven’t heard back. Thoughts as to when an update will be released to fix this? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
spartecha

Hello? Did you guys give up on answering this question?

0 Likes
Zetanator

Were you able to fix this issue. I am having the same problem

0 Likes
spartecha

I have not fixed it. Also, Verizon customer service decided to stop responding to me. So, who knows when we will see a fix.

0 Likes
spartecha

Christina,

Just thought I would check up and see if you have made any progress.. It has been a few months now with no response or fix. Looking forward to your reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spartecha, I know it is important to use Verizon apps and services.  We definitely want you to enjoy them all.  Keep an eye out for updates.  

0 Likes