iPad Pro with message + calling and receiving
Jonguerra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to dial a number from iPad Pro. I notice that there is no phone icon On top.

Did an update remove this feature?

Also, can I receive phone calls on my iPad Pro with data useing bluetooth?

i like receiving my calls on the iPad when I mount on the car air vent mount.

Jon

Labels (1)
Re: iPad Pro with message + calling and receiving
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to use all of your available features. When was the last time you could use the calling feature? Message plus won't be able to connect to Bluetooth as it is a message application, not a phone app. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this?

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jonguerra
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finding out through customer service and two other representatives from Verizon that this feature on Message+ plus has been disabled to voice over. Customer service does not know how long it’s going to be down or may not go back up. Little frustrating this is what sold me. All other features work on the device with the app. I switch cell phone device and that’s When I noticed that the feature was disabled from now on. How soon will we find out more information on an update for this feature to be turned on.

0 Likes
Jonguerra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just spoke with a VZ rep and he has inform me that Verizon will no longer support

Voice over network only on WiFi receiving and dial out on contacts. This started on April 7th, 2018.

I do have a ticket open. I am bummed finding out the news that VZ took this away. This help me wile driving.

I use my Tablet as a GPS on my dash and if phone calls come in or if I need to dial out I can do so without picking up my phone. I liked how the phone paired up with my tablet.

Please bring this feature back...

0 Likes
Deancr69

I was also wondering about this situation, as I would use it often and all of a sudden, it's unavailable... Which is quite irritating because I too was sold with this feature! Was it more promotional garbage, thrown away as soon as people start using it?

I had been chatting with an agent and he said they'd gone through changes and it he'd "fix it" so that it will work again for me. Chat ended, two hours later, no fix.... What's worse than having features discontinued is having a service rep lie to you about it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Honesty and integrity is the only way Verizon should operate, Deancr69. I am sorry to hear about your most recent chat experience. It's beyond important the right expectations are set up. To fully clarify, Message+ users prior to April 7, 2018, can make calls from secondary devices to North American numbers, and they can be made over Wi-Fi or your cellular network.

AkaneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes