iPhone 6 receiving wifi calls
wtmathew
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand that the recent update to the Verizon Messages app allows a user to make wifi calls on their iPhone 6. However, is there anyway to receive wifi calls on the iPhone 6 as well, instead of the native iOS dialer receiving the calls?

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 6 receiving wifi calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wtmathew,

Verizon Messages is a great app for tablets. Let’s review the details on how calling is now possible with this app. The messages app allows you to link you your phone and tablet together to make calls over WIFI on the tablet. It uses your Smartphone phone number to place the calls. These are not WIFI calls. You have to have an active Smartphone line to be able to place the calls on the tablet.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wtmathew
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's my understanding Verizon recently got FCC approval to allow wifi calling. Will Verizon be allowing wifi calling outside the Messages app?

Uslimey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is Verizon si slow to adopt technology? I have found LTE to be of limited use unless I have lots of bars on my phone. Every call I make or receive at work is dropped because the service is so bad in my building.  Its lame that VZw appears to use LTE as an excuse for not activating wifi calling.  Like I said LTE is worthless if you have poor signal.  VZw should active wifi calling like there competitors did, and get with the program so that those of us with poor indoor coverage can use the service we pay so dearly for.

0 Likes