Re: iPhone 7 Message no notification
Jk3051

i have restored my device and yes hard reset. i have just tried Bluetooth

and it did not work.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:48 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Jk3051

any update to the progress of this situation ?

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:48 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
KICKSTOP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe there is something wrong on server side not client side.  I have 7 different iOS devices connected through variety of cellular and wifi connections. Some devices were purposely kept with prior iOS version and some devices had older verizon messages+ app version.  The problem onset across all devices happened roughly around same time period at end of Feb 2017/early Mar 2017.   And it seemed to be somewhat sporatic at first with intermittent push notifications then eventually no push notifications.    Device resets, reinstalls, bluetooth on/off, settings changes, reauthorizing txts were all attempted.  None of these helped. 

This problem probably will not be addressed any time soon as tech support just assumes it is client side issue or user error.

0 Likes
Bush_League_Bow_Hunte
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great. I am back to carrying two phones again for buisiness and personal.

Pretty irritating that no one seems to care or want to fix this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for completing those steps for us, Jk3051. Let’s keep working on getting those notifications back working. So I can better assist please respond to the private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Margoba

I agree that it's a server side problem.  I have Verizon Messages Plus installed on an Android phone, and I am - just recently - having the same problem.

I also use the Windows Desktop version, but that appears to be working normally.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

I want to ensure that your messaging application works as intended, Margoba. You indicate that you have the same problem. Let’s get some additional information to ensure that we follow the correct troubleshooting path to a resolution. When did this notification issue start? What is your ZIP code? Do you get any messaging notifications from any contacts?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Margoba

Thanks for your help.

I cannot be precise, but I think it started a couple of weeks ago.  My zip is 10011.  No, I get no messaging notifications whatsoever.

--

Barry [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Margoba ,

We truly appreciate these details as we understand how essential it is to make sure your device notifications are working as they should. Can you please clarify if your device and messages+ application are fully up to date? Also, are you receiving other notifications from your device such as your email?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Margoba

Everything is completely up to date, and I am receiving notifications from email.

--

Barry [removed]

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes