integrated messaging activation
thegreikabird

Okay so basically I am over in London for the next 4 months on a study abroad program and I previously had integrated messaging active on my devices. I accidentally deleted it off of my ipad and in the course of trying to reactivate it i ran into a bit of a problem. The activation code is supposed to be sent to my phone, however I replaced the SIM with a global card because rates were cheaper, and I cant put the SIM back into my phone to receive the message without getting a bunch of other messages that I will be charged for. Is there any way to activate integrated messaging on a different device without physically having to retrieve it on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: integrated messaging activation
rcschnoor
Legend

You can log into your MyVerizon on a computer and view all of your messages for that line. You should be able to get the activation code this way.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
thegreikabird

I tried doing that yesterday but for some reason the registration messages from Verizon don't go through. I get messages from everyone else, ive tried a few different times. They just somehow get lost, I dont understand it

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Possibly this is a safety feature so that someone cannot track your correspondence without actually having access to your phone during registration.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thegreikabird,

I hope you're enjoying the time in London; I understand how important it is to say in touch while you're so far away from home. I appreciate trying to activate integrated messages, this is definitely useful in this case. To activate your integrated messages on your devices, they will all need to have the Verizon Wireless service. Because you replaced the SIM card with a global card, the system is not able to detect your device as a compatible with our service (Verizon Messages). You will have to activate your Verizon Wireless SIM card in order to use Verizon Wireless' Integrated Messages.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

On a phone, this MAY be the case but the OP is asking about installing it on a tablet WHICH DOES NOT USE A SIM CARD. There is no way to have the OP insert a SIM card where there is no place for it. The OP is NOT asking how to activate Verizon's Integrated Messaging on the phone BUT on an iPad. I CAN verify that a SIM card is NOT required to be in place to have the service activated on a wifi only iPad. Additionally, since you CAN have Verizon's Integrated Messaging on a wifi only tablet, the statement "they will all need to have the Verizon Wireless service" in NOT true. You cannot subscribe to Verizon Wireless service on a wifi ONLY device, but you CAN install the Verizon Integrated Messaging app AND use it on that wifi ONLY device.

To the OP: Your best bet MAY be to insert you Verizon SIM card into the phone, sign up for global service, receive that one text message, cancel global service and then re-insert the local SIM card back into the phone. You would then be able to enter your code into the iPad to activate the service. When you DO insert the Verizon SIM, make sure you turn off cellular data in order to NOT be charged $25 if you phone attempts to download anything via cellular data. It appears in England you will only be charged $0.02 to receive a text, so hopefully this will not be too expensive.

0 Likes