Re: junk spam text
WilliamMorton
Enthusiast - Level 1

My spam comes from an email address, not a phone number. Every time I try to report it and provide the sending address VZW just keeps replying for me to send the number. THERE ISNT ONE

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WilliamMorton, unwanted emails like that can get annoying. We do have block options at VerizonWireless.com/SpamControls. You can also mark those types of emails as Spam through your email, so you are less likely to receive any in the future. If you receive any emails you think are spam, you can forward it, along with the message header, to: phishing@VerizonWireless.com. 

EricaG_VZW

nutberry1
Enthusiast - Level 1

that VZ solution doesn't work

CandaceCB
Enthusiast - Level 1

This doesn't help because I learned through my identity theft protection plan that the new phone number assigned to me by Verizon is posted on the internet under the name of the previous owner, who was quite prolific about putting her number everywhere apparently. As a result, I get about 20 spam texts per day for "Sandra."

These are primarily offers to lend money, although I've also gotten a couple from the Elizabeth Warren campaign.

I've reported some of the numbers as spam and blocked more than 100 from my phone. No help.

It's too big of a headache to change my number again, especially since there's no guarantee that the next number won't have the same problem.

Hey, Verizon! Come up with a solution!

Tags (2)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CandaceCB, your wireless experts are here! Was this the method that you were using for the Spam Text that you are getting:

Spam is an unsolicited commercial advertisement or any message that links to a virus or malicious software. Don't respond to the phone number or open any links in the message. Doing so may compromise your personal information and/or your mobile device.

If the message is still on your device, follow the steps below to report the unwanted message:

1. Be careful not to open any links and forward the suspected spam text message to short code 7726.
  2. Once received, we'll send you a text message asking for the "From" address.
  3. Reply to us with the "From" address of the unwanted message listed in the body of your text message.
  4. A free text message with a "Thank you" notification will be sent to you to verify receipt.
  5. The investigation will begin.

If you are using Verizon Messages (Message+), follow the steps below to report spam:

1. Touch and hold the message. Be careful not to click on any links.
  2. When the option menu appears, select Report Spam.
  3. The message will then be deleted from your device, and you'll be notified that the message was reported as spam.
  4. The investigation will begin.

You've successfully reported an unwanted text message.

Notes:

• You won't receive any further updates once you've received the final "Thank You" text message.
  • There are no charges for messages sent to or received from 7726.

If not, can you try these steps for us and keep us posted on if this helps you. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Tgreen81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well this message actually makes me think he was correct. What else would he need to do if your service was working as promised? 

RandomPerson2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have successfully forwarded spam to Verizon before. I was unable to get any copy / forward / delete menu for this message.  The particular text message I (and my daughter and son who have the same area code and prefix, and 19 strangers included in the "to" field) I received tonight did not allow me to forward.  It was from 7034024229@vzwpix...  [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] and all those in the "to" group message were 703-402-xxxx. The only "message" was a weblink http://95.179.169.54/v4pnS . 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional details. Have you tried blocking the number completely? What happened when you tried to forward the number?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
rwp728
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 message app has NO ability to forward OR block messages. Why do you think anyone can just forward a message or block it?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great call out, Rwp728. We do want to make sure our customers are not sent messages like these and can keep this from occuring. If you receive a spam message you can report it to us directly. Here is a link to review this more https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/#spam-texts. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes