Re: junk spam text
clalley

The messages app on my note8 has no "report spam" on the options menu.
I tried to forward it to "7726".  It gives me the "select recipients" entry box.
Typing the number 7726 does not match anyone in my address book, so it does not give me the send button.
I click the "+" icon like I am adding a second recipient.
I don't add them, I just press "DONE"
It brings up something like a "subject" box, but unlabeled and and added "Fwd: " in that box.
I click the x box to kill this.
Now finally I get the send Icon and I send the message. 
I check the main messages page, sure enough it is sent.
I wait for the promised response from Verizon in item "c" in your solution.
Nothing ever comes back.  Silence from verizon, as others have reported when they have attempted this.  Something is broken.

So the person sending the spam is in NJ.  The phone number that shows up on the text comes from my area code.  Why does Verizon still allow spoofing?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As with all carriers we work closely with the FCC in an attempt to stop all spam from coming through. What exactly happens when you press forward on your spam message?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
aetnar

Try adding 7726 to your contacts - I named mine VZW Report Spam. That makes it (slightly) faster to forward junk spam texts because I just start typing 'spam' and it brings up the right number I otherwise would not remember.

Unfortunately it's not a real solution when they keep changing the phone#s they text you spam from, because I have not found any way to wildcard/group block the phone#s, only on a one-by-one basis (via my phone's OS, after I report it).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aetnar, thank you for the tip about adding the number to your contacts. We are always working toward eliminating spam. Here is a web page https://www.verizon.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/ with all the options. Does this help? 

0 Likes
Hampton7c
Enthusiast - Level 1

@GD0405 I too am receiving SPAM messaging. I have read the previous responses on this thread, however. I can’t find any way to FWD the message to the 7726 without opening it. Opening texts can create a security vulnerability sometimes. Is there a way to not open a text but still FWD to the 7726? I’m on iOS. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern about opening a text message you know to be spam, Hampton7c. While most spam texts are not harmful in and of themselves, many contain harmful links that may cause issues when clicked on. The only way to forward a text and its contents is to first open the message. We recommend you do not click on any links within that message. Thank you for considering forwarding such messages to 7726 where our special team can analyze the content and take appropriate actions to help combat spam text messaging.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
THUMPRZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

look im gettin 100s of this garbage texts i CANT BLOCK an even if i could it DONT matter the same texted comes from MULTIPLE  phone #s im so sick of this if their not callin their textin HELP PLEASE🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely know those spam texts can be terribly frustrating, THUMPRZ. We certainly want to help ensure those scammers aren't spamming you like that, and we recommend forwarding at least a few of them to SPAM or 7726. ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
nonameme

The reason it doesn't work I press and hold the text - then the menu opens and it does not have a forward attached to it.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes