long distance texting?
samantha211

So my friend is away on vacation is Hawaii, I live in New York. Is this considered a long distance text message? I have unlimited texting 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: long distance texting?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

HI Samantha211,

Messaging only has an additional charge if you are sending or receiving messages to or from countries outside of the United States. Sending a message to your friend in Hawaii is still a domestic message. Therefore, you will not be charged anything additional to send and receive messages to or from Hawaii.

I hope this information is helpful.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Never heard of long distance texting, but if you have an unlimited plan, you are fine.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Anything over 500 miles is considered a long distance, assuming you text at the speed limit.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

lewisr13 wrote:

Anything over 500 miles is considered a long distance, assuming you text at the speed limit.

:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

HI Samantha211,

Messaging only has an additional charge if you are sending or receiving messages to or from countries outside of the United States. Sending a message to your friend in Hawaii is still a domestic message. Therefore, you will not be charged anything additional to send and receive messages to or from Hawaii.

I hope this information is helpful.  

0 Likes