message + desktop app
maggiemay84

Hi, I have an HP desktop, windows 10, and I've used the Verizon Message+ app successfully for several years. It stopped working two or three days ago, so I uninstalled and prepared to reinstall, as I've had to do periodically in the past. However, now I do not see the Message+ app listed for download. I went to the apps in Verizon, and there is a download button for android, apple and mac, but not windows. I searched for windows instructions, and got a walkthru that lead me to the windows app store, which theoretically offers the app, but it does not now. (i believe i have found it there in the past) Can anyone offer me any guidance on this one? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: message + desktop app
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@maggiemay84 wrote:

Hi, I have an HP desktop, windows 10, and I've used the Verizon Message+ app successfully for several years. It stopped working two or three days ago, so I uninstalled and prepared to reinstall, as I've had to do periodically in the past. However, now I do not see the Message+ app listed for download. I went to the apps in Verizon, and there is a download button for android, apple and mac, but not windows. I searched for windows instructions, and got a walkthru that lead me to the windows app store, which theoretically offers the app, but it does not now. (i believe i have found it there in the past) Can anyone offer me any guidance on this one? Thanks in advance.

Yes, VZW has had a syncing issue with the Message+ app, especially with Win10.  They have removed it from the Windows Store and haven't provided an update as to when it will be fixed.  In the meantime, here is a link for the v1.0.17.0 .exe file,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0 

which works.  The v2.0.2.0 version didn't have a .exe file that could be downloaded and saved.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
maggiemay84

Thank you for the quick response. I downloaded the app, but it's now telling me I have to disconnect my cellphone from the messaging app in order to use it on my desktop. In the past it wasn't an either/or. I still want to receive messages on my phone, so i don't want to disconnect that. it's just weird. Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

There's another thread regarding iPhone issues with the Message+ app and multiple devices not being simultaneously logged in.  Is your phone an iPhone by chance? Could be a recent update changed something . 

0 Likes
maggiemay84

no, it's a Pixel 3.

0 Likes
maggiemay84

But, there is an iphone on my account. My sister and I have a family account and she has an iphone, so you could be on to something.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@maggiemay84 wrote:

But, there is an iphone on my account. My sister and I have a family account and she has an iphone, so you could be on to something.

As long as her iPhone isn't using your phone number for Integrated Messaging, I wouldn't think it is related.  It could be the Message+ mobile app for the Pixel has a bug affecting Integrated Messaging possibly similar to iOS devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maggiemay84, we definitely understand the desire to use Verizon Messages on Windows 10. However, at this time Verizon Messages is not compatible with the Windows 10 software. This may change in the future and an updated would be provided on our website. However, at this time it is not compatible.

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
Lsour

I have Windows 8.1 and have the same problem with not being able to use the desktop app for the past 3 days.   The page never completely loads, just sit there like it's lagging.  I am unable to click on the desktop icon for download or anything else on the page except the links at the very top.  

0 Likes
Lsour

The desktop app link  I used to be able to sign into so I could text online will not load the “text online” page.  Now when I sign into that link it goes directly to  my account.  However, I was able to get to the “text online link” by clicking at the top of the Verizon home page “Account” then after that page loaded clicking on the “more” link and then choosing the text online link.  The text online link is what will not completely load.  

0 Likes