Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
message+ not sending
swest6929

The last several months I have had issues in sending messages through message+.  The message gets stuck on sending.  It only seems to happen when I'm at work.  i have a window, so I don't see that as being an issue.  It may take days for a message to be sent.  When I use the regular message app, it works just fine regardless of where I am.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: message+ not sending
jav6
Leader

What make/model device do you use?  Are you using WiFi or 3G/4G service when the issue occurs?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
swest6929

It a Galaxy 8 Plus.  I'm usually on the WiFi, but it does the same thing on the network (4G).

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

Another question, does the issue occur with SMS (single recipient) or MMS (multiple recipient or media) messages  or both?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
swest6929

SMS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Swest6929, we always want to ensure that you’re able to send and receive messages accordingly. Thanks so much for providing these additional details so we can help address your concern. Let’s make sure that we’re on the same track here, so we’d like to ask a few clarifying questions to help us obtain a better understanding of the exact issue that’s taking place. You’ve stated that the issue started several months ago and only happens at work. Do you recall any changes that were made to the device around that time? Also, may we ask how your data services are performing while you’re at work using Wi-Fi and 4G mobile data?

Samantha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
swest6929

I believe there have been a couple of updates during this time. I'm

typically on the wifi at work, but sometimes I get kicked off repeatedly

during the day. When I try to just use 4G, I have issues with connectivity

while I'm at work. The message+ appears to work everywhere else except at

my office. I'm next to a window, but there are some trees just outside the

window. Even after I leave work, the messages still show as sending and

complete at random times.

Thanks

Scott

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 1:29 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate the extra detail, Swest6929. While the connectivity issues you experience at your work certainly could be contributing to the delays, we'll want to try a few things out. First, please make sure that all apps (including Messages+) are up to date in the Play store. Also, please make sure your operating system is up date. You can go to settings, system updates and "check for system updates" to ensure you have the latest software. Also, let's reset the Messages+ app with the following steps: http://spr.ly/6587DihOP Make sure to select Messages+ from the list. Let us know if you still have the issues after checking these things out and completing those steps please.

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
swest6929

When I click on the link to reset the message+, I get an error message ("An

unexpected error has occurred"). Is there a different link to reset the

message+ app?

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 2:57 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The link works for me; are you logged into the community when you try to access it rather than via an e-mail notice of the post?

Reset App - Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes