Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,713 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
message+ pictures will not download. just shows downloading. went back to default message app and no problem
GREHIL87

I've been using message+ app for a long time. about 4 weeks ago i started having a problem where pictures or documents people send me will not display.  just the word downloading shows up.  most of the time, the pic/doc never shows.  sometimes after a very long wait, they will show.  this occurs in both group texts and individual texts.  Today i switched back to the samsung default message app, and could receive all pics/docs with no problem.  however as soon as I switched back to message+ the same problem occurred.  so I am only going to use the default message app since it works and Message+ doesn't work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: message+ pictures will not download. just shows downloading. went back to default message app and no problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GREHIL87, that is very strange that you are experiencing issues with the message+ app. I am here to further assist. What make and model device are you using? Have you had any issues with making calls and connecting to the internet with Wi-Fi off? Do you have the most up to date version of the messaging+ app?

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: message+ pictures will not download. just shows downloading. went back to default message app and no problem
GREHIL87

the phone is a Samsung-SM-G360V, model number SM-G360V. I am running Android version 5.1.1. I did not have any problems with message+ until about a month ago. I don't know if this is related or not, but the last system update was applied on Feb 10. When I use the Message+ app now, many messages, videos, or pics show up as just "downloading". I switched back to the Message app and do not have any problem receiving pics, message, or videos. But if I switch back to Message, then the problem still occurs. So, I am just using the regular Message app, and it work fine - just like Message used to. While this may not be a scientific conclusion, I would say there is something amiss with the Message+ app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, GREHIL87. Not being able to recieve picture messages does dampen things a bit. This link will take you through the steps to look into many of the more common fixes for this issue: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-core-prime-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&SMG360VHAA&... .

0 Likes