Re: message plus wont scan qr codes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that I also enjoy receiving my text messages on my tablet, Pinballer. I see that a number of users in this thread are having the same issue. I appreciate the step by step breakdown of what you steps you take to get this activated on your tablet. I did take a closer look at the issue; It looks like it has been lifted up to the developer, and they are currently investigating the behavior. I'm confident that we will have a solution (likely in the form of an update) as soon as possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ryan3530, we appreciate your feedback with the issue that you're having as well. Rest assured that the issue has been lifted up to the developer, and an update should be expected to be released in the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. Please let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
chedgeco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope this thread is updated when the issue has been resolved.  Same problem for me. Brand new Samsung A7 tablet that cannot initialize the Message+ app because the app cannot read the QR code sent to my Motorola phone's Message+ app. Very, very frustrated Verizon customer! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your messages on other devices is important. Have you tried to use another device to see if that works? Where did you purchase the tablet from? 

0 Likes
jebel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Purchased from Costco. Scanner function in message+ app won't recognize the qr code sent to my phone.

0 Likes
chedgeco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Replying to:  Support‎ 12-28-2020 05:29 PM

I just reset my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 Message+ app then reinitialized it. It successfully read the QR code and reinitialized the app.

I purchased my Samsung A7 tablet from Costco.

I scanned the QR code used to initialize the Message+ app on the Samsung A7 tablet with a different QR Scanner app (QR Scanner/QR Code Reader by EZ to Use) installed on the Samsung A7 tablet and the QR Scanner app was able to successfully recognize the code.

The Message+ app QR scanner still cannot recognize the QR code and will not initialize the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to do all that troubleshooting, chedgeco. Just to confirm, you're still not able to use the Message+ app on your tablet? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
chedgeco
Enthusiast - Level 2
UbaldoJ_VZW

The Message+ app will not initialize on my Samsung A7 tablet as the app will not read the QR code sent to my Verizon phone.

I am on this thread because "KevinM_VZW" said that the vendor for the application was going to work on a fix .

I am hoping that this thread will be updated when, as KevinM_VZW said "an update should be expected to be released in the near future."

Quote from KevinM_VZW:

Ryan3530, we appreciate your feedback with the issue that you're having as well. Rest assured that the issue has been lifted up to the developer, and an update should be expected to be released in the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. Please let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with.

KevinM_VZW
Blaze56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure if this is the same QR Code issue but Samsung says that the "Call and Text From Another Device" feature does not work with either Verizon or AT&T phones but no details as why. 

On a side note:  The native Message app (preloaded) on the Tab A7 requires a QR Code to be read by a Phone but my Pixel is unable to read it either.   It's time Verizon and Samsung get on the phone together and get this issue resolved for the sake of all us customers.   So I now have a brand new tablet unable to text using my Verizon phone.   No I do not want to load a third-party messages app that requires a different phone number.

BOBJOANNE74
Enthusiast - Level 1

I give up trying to scan the qr code. Been trying for 4 dayy. I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it many times. Can't count how many codes have been sent to me from Verizon. I'm done.