messages are out of order.
bjgboom

I am using messenger+ and my text messages are changing order.  Not in the order that they were sent/received.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: messages are out of order.
mgrife79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted the same question yesterday and haven't been given a solution.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model device are you seeing this issue on?  When you look at messages on the Verizon web site, https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/webs2/Message.do , is the same out-of-order issue seen?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
mgrife79
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same issue is showing in the web version as well.  I use a Samsung S7 Edge. I see that the issue is with the time stamp.  I will receive a message and reply but it says that I received the message I replied to after I replied which is impossible.  For example...I received a text message at 5:56pm or 5:57 (I know this because I replied immediately).  My reply is time stamped at 5:57 but now it says I received the message that I replied to at 6:00.  Hard to reply to a message at 5:57 when it wasn't "received" until 6pm.

0 Likes
bjgboom

Galaxy 9.  it wasn't doing this the first month or so that I had the phone.  It just started a few days ago.  I have my date/time setting on auto.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
bjgboom, we understand how important it is for our messages to show the correct times and be in the right order.  Do not worry we will look into this for everyone.  I recommend resetting the app on the phone.  This will ensure that it's up to date and should fix the problem. Follow this link for instructions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216779/

For everyone else who might have a different phone, follow this link and search for Force stop app on (Your Make and Model) phone. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phones-and-devices/

Let us know if this helps?

Ralph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a solution to this issue Mgrife79. I do see that my colleague posted some steps to try. Have you done them yet? What messaging application are you using? 

Amber_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mgrife79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried all the suggestions and nothing works.  I use the message+ app.

0 Likes
claireb1690

I am having the same issue.  I have a Samsung galaxy S7 and use the message+ app.  I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, turned the automatic time off and back on, and rebooted my phone and none of it has resolved the issue.  It's happening more now than it was before.  It used to only happen maybe once a week and now it's every time I send or receive a text.  I visited a Verizon store this past weekend and they suggested I purchase a new phone after trying numerous things to fix the issue, but since someone in this thread is having the same issue with a Galaxy S9, that's obviously not an appropriate solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mgrife79 Thank you for the information. Making sure that your text messages show the right information is essential. Is this happening in a specific location(where)? Is this affecting all your text messages or picture/group messages only(MMS or SMS)? Have you made any changes to your phone recently? Please share details. We are here to help.

Evelyn_VZW

0 Likes