messages pop up
iRenegade
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to disable it when I'm shooting videos with my stock camera app. It cuts off my video whenever an incoming text comes in. I do not mind it popping up on other screens/apps.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Re: messages pop up
bearone21
Legend

stop message notifications when shooting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make the perfect video with your Smartphone, iRenegade. I am confident that I can provide you step by step directions to disable those messaging notifications. Please confirm your phone model and the name of the text messaging application that you use.

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iRenegade
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Messages+

HTC 10

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have a seamless recording experience when getting messages to your device. With regard to this interrupting your video let's review to see if this is an option for your phone. To better assist what kind of phone do you have? Have you tried turning off your notifications so that the pop up does not appear on your device? 

Jasper_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
iRenegade
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. see above message. I want the pop ups.  Just not while I'm using navigation (Waze) and while I'm shooting video. HTC Camera.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, iRenegade. I understand not wanting pop-up messages when you're shooting a video. Since the pop-up feature is designed to conveniently alert you while using other apps, there is not a way to disable the feature for only a particular app. The good news is that you can turn off the pop-up feature and still get message notifications. Within the Verizon Messages + app, go to Settings > Notifications > Enable Popup > Slide to off. Navigate back up to Notifications and ensure that's turned on. I hope this is beneficial.

Tracy_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

iRenegade, I apologize for not providing you with a concrete answer to your question/request regarding the Verizon Messages app. I've ran into this dilemma as well with my Camera, so I get the need for no interruptions. The only option you have is to disable pop-ups entirely if you want to use your Camera or Waze app without any interruption. You either have to keep Pop Up enabled for Message+ or keep the feature off when you're using these specific apps on your phone. You can also mute certain conversations if needed. At this time, there isn't an option to set priority to when you'll receive pop ups for new text messages based on what app or feature you're using. 

You can reference the link below on how to manage and view your Message+ settings. I hope this information clears up the details. http://spr.ly/6582DxSPe;

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Bulldoggies2003

I did this to my phone and pop up continues. I want it gone. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes