messages + shows incorrect number of messages in badge
jonesjaiii

starting last week if i recive the first unread text message it shows as 3 in the app badge and notification.  The second will show four.  Previously it showed the correct number of messages.

0 Likes
Re: messages + shows incorrect number of messages in badge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonesjaiiii, Verizon Messages is an awesome app to use for texting and I want to make sure you are able to use it without fail. I know how important it is for you to receive your messages. No worries, I am here to help. We can do some troubleshooting to resolve the issue. Let's start by making sure you are running the latest version of the app. Check in the App store or the Play Store to see if there is an update for the app. If so, please install it. This should correct the issue. If the app is already up to date, try uninstalling it and then reinstall it to see if this helps. Let us know if the problem persists. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
jonesjaiii

i have done that twice and i am still getting 3 count for messages for the first text.  I have a galaxy note 8.  any other suggestions

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for completing those steps already, jonesjaiii. Let's continue to dig into this. Please power the device off and back on. Please also reset your network settings. Here are the steps : Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings > Reset Settings. Where there any changes to the device when this started such as new apps or updates? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes