messages stuck "sending" when I text in mms chains from Samsung to Iphone
udogg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried to get this answered many times but it never seems to help.  When I send from my Samsung 9+ to groups of iphones users my texts periodically get stuck sending.  I then have to clear all data from the app and turn my phone on and off.  It then sometimes works and I lose all of the texts that were stuck sending.  It is very frustrating as it now happens multiple times a day.  Below are some of my answers to other chains that i responded to people but never was followed up.

This is not an app problem.  I have tried on multiple apps and the same thing happens.  It has been happening for over a year.  It happens periodically when i send from my Samsung S9+ to a group of iphone users.  It happens on multiple chains and only in that situations.  It does not happen when one on one so only when I am sending mms to iphones.  I have uninstalled, force stopped, cleared data, turned on and off phone, replaced phone and anything else i have read other places.  This is a verizon issue.  If there is anyone who could figure this out I would be forever indebted.  I also am a 20 year verizon person who is considering leaving.

Also just to be clear this has nothing to do with wifi.  it is the same if i am on wifi or data.  It just says "sending" and no one sees it.  It also is on the original verizon app that came with the phone.

Re: messages stuck "sending" when I text in mms chains from Samsung to Iphone
udogg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have seen numerous forums about this but never an answer from verizon.  It obviously is a verizon problem as it doesnt happen with the same situations on ATT or Sprint but Verizon seems unable to fix it.  I have had the same problem at least 5 years with at least 3 samsung phones

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here! Please send us a Private Message for further assistance.

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
texas024
Enthusiast - Level 1

this is a major problem!  it has been ongoing for years with numerous Verizon Samsung phones.   Verizon has NEVER provided a remedy.  please fix this

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting the issue resolved as soon as possible. Please tell us, what is the text message app you are using? 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
nhudgins007
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've tried

Google Messages

The preloaded Samsung messaging app

Verizon messages

All time out with MMS on a regular basis

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nhudgins007, being able to stay in touch with those you care about. Let's go ahead and look into this together. Please send us a Private Note. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Taboo919
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing is and has been happening to me and many many others Verizon doesn't do anything about it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taboo919-

Our goal is for you to not have any issues with your text messages. When did this issue begin? What messaging app are you using?

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
jamielife
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been a fix to this obnoxious issue from Verizon beyond, "please send us a private message"? That is an irresponsible response given that this is an on going issue for multiple users, spanning years. As mentioned, it doesn't matter if you're using Wi-Fi or not. The issue occurs regardless of what messaging app is used. Switching default apps does not fix it, nor does changing any connection settings, restarting the phone, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Please provide a fix.