Re: messages stuck "sending" when I text in mms chains from Samsung to Iphone
Robk26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having these exact same issues.  It has been happening for months and unfortunately now it is starting to affect my work.  I'm on a Samsung S10 and have tried using multiple apps; Textra, Google Messages, Samsung Messages, etc.. It is happening daily at this point, as I am on numerous group text strings for work with many iPhone users. Sometimes the message is "sending" for 20-30 minutes before my phone tells me that my message was not delivered and I get 30-40 texts all at once when it has "cleared out".  In that 20-30 minute time frame, I cannot send or receive messages to or from anyone else. I have read about this same issue on many different message boards, and it is very frustrating to not have any official answer for what sounds like a recurring issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your messages is vital, especially if you are having issues. What recent changes have you made (new apps, software update, new phone upgrade/purchase, moved to new location, etc.)? Aside from the messaging, any other issues (calls/data)?

0 Likes
Teeps7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. I've have an android for years and it's happened no matter what device, no matter what messaging app, no matter what cache clear, setting, or upgrade. I don't understand why this is even an issue, and if it is an issue across multiple users why there isn't a widespread resolution. Simply asking for "private message" is rather irritating. 

People get phones to interact with their friends, their work, their family, etc.  Someone has a major event, a baby is born in the family, a friend gets promoted, a job needs a sudden deadline...all events which can trigger group chats to receive frequent messages, and then boom My messages halt, I cannot receive or send messages for 10, 20, 30 + minutes. Put my $1,000 phone out of commission. I don't know how a Nokia or blackberry from 2012 can handle Group texts better. Really unacceptable. Please provide a widespread resolution. And if you don't have one, explain what the issue is and why it can't be resolved. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand that importance of staying connected. What phone do you have?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
kriegerm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue here. I've accepted for the last few years blaming it on my S8. Just got the S21 and was so angry to see I have the same issue. Then found this thread. Can't believe it is an ongoing issue for so long without acknowledgment or a solution.

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your service is vital, especially if you are having messaging issues. We want to make sure this gets addressed. When did the problem start? Aside from upgrading to the S21, any other changes? Aside from the MMS dilemma, any other issues (calls/data)?

0 Likes