messaging charges
fizyplankton

i have unlimited texts. i was wondering if picture messages and video messages counted as texts, or were something different. on our bill, we frequently get a small "data" charge of $2 a pop, but we have no idea what that charge is. we never go on the internet, download ringtones, use the gps, or any of that stuff. the only thing it could be is picture messaging, but from what i have read, those count as texts. also, i have read about "megabyte usage charges". does that mean if i use more memory, say if i record a lot of videos, that it charges me per mb that i have taken up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: messaging charges
lrando1
Contributor - Level 1

the pic/video messaging is included in your texting. The $2 you are seeing on your bill is most likely for MB Usage. Even tho you say you don't utilize the internet, even clicking on it by accident will incur usage. Then Verizon rounds the billing up to the nearest 1MB. So even if you only use it for a second, it will round up to 1 MB at the end of your cycle. And it's $1.99 per MB.

0 Likes
Re: messaging charges
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
You also incur Mb charges if you browse the Media Center catalogues for music, tones, wallpapers, games, etc. even if you don't download one.
0 Likes