messaging+ does not sync right
linzlee

why does my phone a galaxy note edge have all my messages but when on my desktop -a lenovo- does not sync all my messages.i notice it more on just one of my contacts.i keep syncing but it never shows up

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: messaging+ does not sync right
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all those extra details, linzee. Making sure we get this solved is important to us. I'd like to ask you to clarify a few things for me though. Are you currently a Verizon Wireless customer? Did messages seem to stop syncing with your computer on a particular day or do some messages sync and some don't sync sporadically?

And you did read correctly. When deleting a message from your phone, it will delete from Verizon Messages desktop/web app at the next sync and vice verse.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

linzlee,

We don't want there to be any discrepancy with your messages. On your device, do you use the Verizon Messages app? If so, is it set to syncronize regularly?
SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
linzlee

I use the verizon messaging app on my phone and desktop.it is all integrated and I always sync on my desktop when I get on it.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

linzlee,

Thanks for confirming this so quickly. Do you have the app on your phone set to sync? What steps do you take to sync on your computer?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
linzlee

Where do I find the sync setting on my phone.I looked in settings in the app and there is no listing for a sync setting and on my desktop I just hit sync on the messaging app window

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

linzlee,

Thanks for clarifying those steps that you take. Could you please provide the model phone that you have. Also, are you using the downloaded desktop app on your laptop or signing into your My Verizon account access?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
linzlee

I have a note edge sm-n915v on 5.o.1 and I use the downloaded app on my desktop

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

linzlee Still working to solve this mystery. Do you know what kind of phone and what carrier the number that doesn’t work have?  How long have you been using Message+? Is it the older messages that are not showing up? The desktop version will only keep 90 days of texts.
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
linzlee

Been using messenger+ for a while.at least since the beginning of summer maybe earlier.coming from a galaxy s4 mini and I believe the carrier is verizon but not sure. Not old messages at all.when on computer they show up when texting by messenger on the desktop then by the next day they dissappear.I think maybe I deleted the messenger aND just forgot but the texts are still on my phone and I was reading terms that if you delete from one device it gets deleted on all devices so why on phone and not on the app on the computer..thanks for your time and trouble anyhow. Don't frett if doesn't get solved..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all those extra details, linzee. Making sure we get this solved is important to us. I'd like to ask you to clarify a few things for me though. Are you currently a Verizon Wireless customer? Did messages seem to stop syncing with your computer on a particular day or do some messages sync and some don't sync sporadically?

And you did read correctly. When deleting a message from your phone, it will delete from Verizon Messages desktop/web app at the next sync and vice verse.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes