mobile IM
marks06
does anyone know if it costs to use mobile IM or if it is included into txting. my phone already shows all the applications so i dont really know if i have to download it or what. but im afraid to try because i do not want to be charged for it
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mobile IM
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

marks06 wrote:
does anyone know if it costs to use mobile IM or if it is included into txting. my phone already shows all the applications so i dont really know if i have to download it or what. but im afraid to try because i do not want to be charged for it

It will not cost you anything - if the Mobile IM App is already on your phone, and you have a texting package, you are good to go.  It WILL show a data connection, but you are not charged - and messages sent and received count as text messages toward your out of network limit (and if you have unlimited texting, no worries!)  Go ahead and open up the Mobile IM and try it out!

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

so they dont have IM plans anymore??

last time i check u had to have   IM on ur plan.. otherwise u get  charged!

http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?id=messaging_im&lid=//global//messaging//mobile+im

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The page you linked to is a page showing highlighting Mobile IM - AIM, Yahoo, MSN Messenger, with the Mobile IM app, all work the same as regular text messaging.  So if you already have the texting plan in place, those that are listed on the Mobile IM page or an unlimited plan (Select, Connect, or Premium package) then the messages are counted as text messages and included.  No additional charges.

0 Likes